Alice In Her Wonderland @ Prix Fixe, Melbourne CBD

As a true blue fan of Prix Fixe, I have finally convinced a colleague to go with me for lunch. At $49, you get a glass of wine and 2 courses. 

Celebrating their Alice in Her Wonderland theme, the fantasy to plate idea was simple but whimsical. 



 I had the Smokey Caterpillars - the jerusalem artichoke was in a puree form, to be mixed as a sauce to the pasta dish. The pasta itself was cooked al dente (no complaints there). The overall dish was clean and not too oily or saucy. Honestly, not the best dish I've had here but I'll say it's not a complete failure.




Now dessert was a whole different story. I had the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb.A delicious treat of roasted figs, cardamom ice cream, little donuts with a chocolate sauce and Pedro Ximenez. I can still taste it....Yes, it's THAT good.

Prix Fixe on Urbanspoon




Comments