Vegetable Couscous with Caramelised Onion Dressing

The key to this recipe is really the dressing. I got the idea from reading too many recipes of warm dressings that I came up with my own version. This is not unusual at all and I always loved warm dressings than regular ones. One of the popular warm dressings that I've seen includes mushrooms, shallots and tomatoes. Onions are quite common too. Once caramelised, onions make the perfect warm dressing.

My version includes caramelising 2 small onions. This will take around 15-20 minutes in a pan with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Then I added a few drops of red wine vinegar. Make a cousous salad with some vegetables. Mine includes chopped green bell pepper, chopped tomatoes, blanched green beans and hard boiled eggs. Toss everything together with the dressing.

I had this with my delicious oven roasted salmon and made a tomato jam with it. Yum!

Comments