The Breakfast Warrior: Asparagus and Bresaola Quiche

It's the new year and I need fresh ideas to try for breakfast. I want to make the most out of my one week of holiday break left before going back to work. That means lots of cooking and baking for me!

For this weekend's breakfast, I've decided to make quiche. The problem here is that I cheated and bought ready made shortcrust gluten free pastry dough. I'm used to dough that's rolled out and didn't realise that it was still a whole log of uncooked dough! It took longer than usual to defrost and when it did, it was very gooey instead of pliable. I hated it. It took me approximately 2 hours to roll out and put together into the pie tin. Although I hated the rolling out and piecing pie dough together, I liked the overall result. The quiche is creamy and delicious. The asparagus and bresaola work together well too.

For the quiche, I mixed 6 eggs, 1/4 cup cream, salt and pepper. I rolled bresaola with the asparagus. Poured the egg and cream mixture into the uncooked crust and placed the asparagus on top. The oven is on 180C and the pie is ready in 20 minutes. I used a shallow 9 inch pie tin.

Comments