Take Me to Work: Patty Pan Squash, Spinach and Chorizo Quiche

Today is turning out to be my favorite day. I felt relaxed after a facial treatment at Made Beauty (I can't imagine how I survived without it for so long). I bought delicious fresh eggs from The Common Good. And later, I got lovely orange roses from Canary Janes.

I took my sweet time in seasoning my new Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. And contemplated on what I should make with it. Yes, I'm a bit obsessed. I'm thinking of the number possibilites - skillet cake, omelettes, rice dishes, crispy skin chicken or duck breasts and of course, steak!


This post though is about my favorite dish - the quiche. I used to make the exact same recipe without the shortcrust pastry. The recipe is very simple and you can put any vegetable, cooked meat and cheese into it. Believe me, I tried and every time, it was delicious.

This is my basic quiche mix - put six eggs in a pyrex measuring cup and fill it up to 2 cups with cooking cream. Add pepper and mix to combine. You can add parmesan cheese to the mixture at this stage.

For the other fillings - 2 small patty pan squash (sliced through a mandolin but chunks are ok), wilted spinach and crispy chorizo.

Bake this in a 160C oven for 30-45 minutes until the eggs are cooked through. The texture will be similar to a custard.

Mmmm....

Comments