My Trip to Leo's Fine Foods

So here's the thing. I've lived around this area for more than 2 years now and I've never been to Leo's Fine Foods...until the other day. I've read some blogs and information online as to what they sell there. Technically, it is like your average supermarket. You can still get your usual household food and other necessities. The main difference is that they offer more (mostly food) items they make themselves or source from small and local producers.

I loved spending my time here walking around the area and soon I realised that they stock these items around the store and they are not on the aisles. Here's what I got from my first trip to Leo's (clockwise from the top left). My total damage was $41 and change. The most expensive of the lot was the olive oil.

Kombucha - Ginger and Lemon flavor - this is the first time I had kombucha. It's an acquired taste. I told my sister that it tasted like sour green tea.

Housemade pesto basil from Leo's

Rudo Hot Sauce - actually I just got this because of the cute costume they put on the bottle. That's it. :)

Hurry Curry - I got this because of the unique name. But it smelled really pungent. Hopefully it tastes just as good once cooked.

Chef's Roast - Chicken rolled with minced veal and chicken - I cooked this in the oven for 30 minutes at 180C. Inside was really nice and moist. It was packed with flavor too but I didn't like the smell too much. It was a bit gamey.


White Chocolate, Coffee and Pecan cheesecake - very indulgent and creamy. It's not for the faint of heart. I had half last night and then the other half today. That was how rich it was.

Last but not least - Oasis Olive Oil just to stock up on my kitchen essentials.


Comments