My Test Kitchen: Donna Hay's Portuguese Style Chicken Drumsticks

I'm in a cookfest mode this week and I made Portuguese Style Chicken Drumsticks using chicken marylands from Donna Hay's new magazine for Feb/Mar 2015 (Issue 79). As always, the recipe did not disappoint and was very easy to put together and make. I didn't alter the recipe as I didn't see any need to. All you do was combine the spices together, toss the chicken (and some potatoes) into the mixture, roast and you have a lovely dinner ready in less than 30 minutes.

The spices include: 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tsp cayenne pepper (I used chilli flakes), 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano, 1/4 cup olive oil (I just eyeballed mine), 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp brown sugar, salt and black pepper to taste. I also added some minced garlic into the marinade.

The original recipe also made a sauce to go with it but I skipped this. It still tasted good with a spritz of fresh lemon juice.

The marinade should also work for fish or pork but I haven't tried it yet.

Comments