An Inspired Variation: Dreamy Cream (and Almond Milk) Scones

This is my version of Smitten Kitchen's Dreamy Scones. She made this entirely from heavy cream. I didn't realise that I ran out because I made quiche the other day but I was determined to make scones on Sunday! Every Sunday deserves well made scones. Hell, I deserve it!

So I had to improvise. I followed the exact recipe (yes, even the black currants) and changed the 1 cup heavy cream to 1/4 cup plus 3/4 cup almond milk and 2 tbsp lemon juice. I let this sit in the fridge while I assemble the rest of the ingredients together.  I also added 1/4 cup of flour. I found the mixture too wet. The resulting scones were extremely tender and delicious. I can't help myself. I have to have 2 or maybe 3 a day. I'll try to be a good girl and save the rest throughout the week for my breakfast.

Comments