Take Me To Work: Raw Carrot Salad and other things

It's a bit difficult to describe what's happening on my plate at the moment but I like it. It started out as only making a simple carrot salad and I made with my new Broner V-Slicer. I honestly struggled with it at first but later it was quite ok and it got the carrots done quite well and quickly. I made a light dressing with it - the usual lemon + garlic + olive oil + mustard + honey + salt and pepper. I added a couple of cucumbers and mint leaves at the end. It was a very nice refreshing salad - with a big punch of citrus and a lot of crunch.

My aunt sent me a pack of green tomatillo enchilada sauce that I haven't used until today. I used this with some fried up crunchy sausage mince. I liked the sauce. It had a nice kick to it and I can't wait to have this for lunch on Monday! It's very good with a dollop of yogurt.

The tomato sauce in the center was something that I made this morning for breakfast. I cooked it down to a very jammy consistency and it turned out to be caramelised and sweet. Overall, it balanced out everything on the plate.

My lunch box won't look exactly like this picture here but it will taste just
as good!

Comments