My Sunday Best: Easy Lemon Curd Tarts with Lavender Sugar

I like lazy Sundays, especially when it gives me the feeling that the day is stretching out. Oh, how I wish Sundays will just last forever!

My Sunday routine finished early and I got the quiet time to enjoy the Sunday afternoon - indoors! Yes, I am such a lazy bum. I enjoy days when I can make an easy snack or dessert, when all the chores are done and dusted and all the pots and pans are put away signalling a near end to the weekend. This is what it looks like from where I'm sitting. A gentle breeze outside with birds chirping and the sun shining brightly.



I opened my Dunkin' Donuts Cinnamon flavored ground coffee (I still have one bag left!) and made myself a cup of afternoon coffee with almond milk that I made yesterday. While sipping this cup, I had tart shells baking away in the oven. These tarts were filled with lemon curd that I made yesterday from a lemon curd recipe from The Kitchen Confidante. The only change I made was to reduce the sugar. I also didn't strain the curd because I like the zest and don't mind it. I later assembled the prepared tarts with a dollop of lemon curd and topped these with edible lavender and demarera sugar.

Comments