An Inspired Variation: My Ugly Chocolate Ginger Molasses Cake

I know this thing looks really really ugly but I guarantee you it tastes good.

I followed the Molasses and Olive Oil Gingerbread Cake recipe from Life is a Palindrome and changed a few things. I used 1 tsp of ground ginger and 1 tsp of pumpkin spice in this cake. I added dots of Lindt Dark Chocolate nuggets that I got from The Essential Ingredient and off to the oven it went!

I let it cool down for 30 minutes before slicing into the cake. The chocolate on top just made it richer and more comforting. The cake had a nice moist crumb and was fluffy too. It had that perfect balance of dense and light. I want to try this with some caramel sauce! :)

The whole apartment smelled like Christmas - warm and earthy. It was so dangerous to have so many pieces of this cake at hand. I have to freeze some of these otherwise it would really hurt my waistline.

Comments