My First Cronut :) @ Rustica Sourdough Bakery, Brunswick St, Fitzroy

This is a follow-up post after having brunch at Hammer and Tong. We walked a few blocks up and back down to make the most of our lunch time this weekend. I really like the shops on Brunswick Street, there's that hippie cool atmosphere and I like looking at some people with quirky fashion sense.

Now, I always wanted to try a cronut ever since I first read about it at Eater.com. And yey! I finally got my first bite of cronut from Rustica. Here's my verdict.


I like the crunch. Oh, I can taste that it's deep fried because it has a crunchy and flaky exterior and doughy interior of a croissant shaped like a donut. The top was coated with chocolate icing (which was a good idea but I prefer to have it dusted or sprinkled with sugar). But I love what's sandwiched between this pastry - raspberry jam and marshmallow! That's the reason why you have to get this at Rustica. I would like to try their doughnuts, cakes and breads too. Perhaps on my next visit. What a good foodie day!

You must have this at least once in your life just for experience. I'm pretty sure I won't have another one of these except maybe if I get to visit New York again. I got the food trend behind me now and I can go on looking for the next.

  Rustica Sourdough Bakery on Urbanspoon

Comments