At Another's Table: Scotch Fillet with Blue Cheese Sauce

Technically, this recipe isn't mine but I made a slight change to it. Being recently been on 6 days of meatless meals, I still crave for some meat. This Friday, I decided to cook myself a nice piece of steak.

My usual sauce is just store bought bearnaise, which I adore but a recently made friend suggested to make blue cheese sauce. I asked how he makes it and he happily divulged this information to me. The sauce was basic but I think quite unusual because of it is shallot rather than onion based. The result was nothing short of luscious and pungent. It was the perfect sauce to my scotch fillet steak.

It was a rather warm day today, so I decided to indulge a little and had a glass (or two) of apple cider with my steak.

Here's the recipe.






Ingredients

200g scotch fillet steak - I brushed this with dijon mustard and olive oil then pepper

For the sauce:
4 shallots, sliced thinly
100g blue cheese
2 tsps creme fraiche
salt, pepper and nutmeg

Steps:

Cook for steak 4 minutes on each side, then rest for 4 minutes on a plate, covered with foil.




While the steak is cooking, make the sauce. Lightly fry the shallots. Set half of this aside. Crumble the blue cheese on top and mix on low heat until melted. Add the creme fraiche and wait for the sauce to bubble. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. I think the nutmeg here is essential. It brought out the scent and pungency of the creamy sauce.

I steamed some green beans to have as a side.

Plate all of it up and enjoy! Happy Friday!!

Comments