An Inspired Variation: My Awesome Roasted Cauliflower Salad

Two weeks ago, I made my first roasted cauliflower dish and took it to work. The taste overall was very simple and well, boring. I only added olive oil, salt and pepper and I decided that life should be more meaningful that this. So, I wrestled with what's available in my fridge and cupboard and came out with this recipe.

It was packed with my 2 favorite ingredients - harissa and paprika. It is Mediterranean-themed. I can imagine myself sitting under the sun with a nice warm dish of this.

The overall dish was quite filling too and it is already packed up for my lunch next week!



Ingredients:

For the roasted cauliflower:
1 large head of cauliflower - cut to florets
2 tsps harissa paste
2 tsps finely minced garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper

For the dressing:
1/4 cup tahini paste
1 tsp smoked paprika
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tbsp light soy sauce
olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
herb of your choice - I used coriander which worked really well



Steps:

Preheat the oven to 200C. Mix the cauliflower florets with the rest of the ingredients (harissa paste, minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper). Place on a baking sheet (don't like the baking sheet). Roast for 10 mins, then take the florets out and move them around. Place them back into the oven for another 10 mins.

While the florets are roasting away, make the dressing. Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.

Add the cooked florets into the bowl with the dressing and toss. Add the coriander and serve warm....

Comments