My Test Kitchen: Donna Hay's Smoked Paprika and Green Olive Salmon

Spring is upon us! And I'm loving the new Donna Hay magazine. Sweet cold desserts and so far my favorite section is the salmon in parcels. I want to try them all. For today though, I cooked with what I have - Smoked Paprika and Green Olive Salmon...ok, I omitted the green olives though but it still tasted great. This recipe is a keeper.
Ingredients:
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes (I used more)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
sea salt and cracked black pepper
4 x 200g salmon fillets (skin-off) - I only used 3 pieces with skin-on
lemon slices
basil leaves - I didn't use this
chopped green olives - I didn't use this

Steps:
Preheat oven to 200C. Mix the smoked paprika, chilli flakes, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside. Place lemon slices on a sheet of baking paper, top with a salmon fillet. Spoon the paprika mixture on top. Wrap the baking paper and place on a baking sheet. Cook these in the oven for 10 minutes. You'll have the medium rare to medium well cooked salmon depending on the thickness of the fish.

I served this with a side of roasted carrots and zucchini with a sour cream dressing (made with sour cream, mustard, garlic, yogurt and a dollop of thickened cream). Yum!

Comments