Really Good Laksa and Other Things @ Laksa King, Pin Oak Crescent, Flemington

I'm not a fan of laksa. I think that the dish is too rich with all the flavors and coconut milk. It is really curry sauce in a bowl with noodles and other fix-ins. It was just not for me...not until Laksa King.

First off, my first impression was that the service was really great. We ordered 1 chicken laksa dish to share, beef rendang, coconut rice and belachan kangkong ($14.5). When the laksa arranged, we were given extra bowls without us asking for them. Most of my experience with other restaurants, you have to keep asking and asking for additional utensils. In this case, I thought we were treated like kings. I happily gave a generous tip after the meal.

Now to the food, after the jump.

 Laksa King on Urbanspoon




The highlight of the meal was most definitely the laksa ($9.8). The sauce was just right and piping hot. With a grilled eggplant on top. There were fried tofu pieces with a generous amount of chicken. There were two kinds of noodles in this dish so don't be alarmed - egg and rice noodles.








Beef rendang ($17.8) was also very nice. The sauce was smooth and not grainy at all. It was quite spicy and packed with flavour though. The beef was extremely tender - you wouldn't need a knife for this.

Comments