OK Thai @ Cookie, Swanston Street, Melbourne CBD

Friends have been raving about this place for years. I'm wondering what the hype is all about. Taking my cousins for a taste of Melbourne, I decided to take them here. Seriously, I'm really not sure about this place. The food was just ok and the cocktails were uninspired and flat. The only aspect I found interesting was the interiors. It has style and character. Other than that, I would come back for the ambiance.




For the food...

Cookie on Urbanspoon




We had spicy cashew, tomato, cucumber & coriander salad ($14.50) which was just ok. This was recommended by our server.



We ordered drinks too. Both drinks were mixed with white wine. One had a peach liqueur and another had orange. I didn't like both drinks. They were too flat and too watered down.

mussel cake with green papaya & cashew salad ($18.50) This was very similar to an oyster cake. What I liked about it was the crunchy outside. The remaining elements were just plain. I think they were trying to make this dish interesting by adding a freshness aspect to it but this dish can be improved.

squid stuffed with mince pork, lime leaf with hot & sour sauce ($29.50) This dish was a fail for me. The squid was not tender and the texture of the minced pork tasted like sand. It was also too salty. Will not be ordering this again.

egg net salad with minced chicken, spinach & cashews ($22) I thought this was the best dish of the meal but Longrain's version was better.

Comments