A German Dinner @ Lowenbrau Keller, Argyle Street, The Rocks, Sydney

I have to admit that the service here is a bit bad but not horrible. It was difficult to catch the server's eye and when I tried to order with a different server, I was asked to wait until the one who originally took our order arrived. It was a very strange process. At the end of the meal, I was asked to key-in a tip first. It almost felt compulsory.
SCHMANKERLPLATTE ($55 per person)
Sharing Platter, Selection of Sausages, Chicken Schnitzel, 
Meat Loaf, Roasted Pork Belly, Creamy Mashed Potato, 
Sauerkraut, Braised Red Cabbage, Bread Dumpling 
& Löwenbräu Bier Jus

Lowenbrau Keller on Urbanspoon
There were a few good points. The beer was good. If nothing else, come here for a pint, it's worth it. I liked the one with mango in it. It had a slightly sweet flavor but not too bitter, sweet or punchy. On a Friday night, the place was packed (with A LOT of hotties, if I might add!).

Food-wise, everything was normal. I liked the pork knuckle the best, the pork belly second. The rest of the meats were either a bit too bland or too processed for my taste.




Comments