My Sunday Best: Roasted Fennel and Leeks with Garlic Lemon Cream

On one chilly Sunday, I wanted to make something interesting with what's left in my fridge for this week. Fennel and leeks. I had every intention of making fennel gratin but later on, I found that I should probably cut back on the fat. So, I decided to make a combination of roasted fennel and leeks with a cream sauce and the result was sweet and tangy.

Amazingly, this is nothing very complicated to make. A few simple steps and mix of your regular home ingredients and you have a delicious side dish. I love the cream sauce. It's like a light bearnaise sauce and I've used this on some raw and roasted beetroots too.

So here we go.









For the roasted fennel and leeks. Make sure that these vegetables are clean. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with foil. Cut the vegetables in half and place cut side up on the baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Place on a plate and keep warm.

While the vegetables are roasting, make the simple garlic lemon cream sauce. In a small saucepan, mix 1/4 cup cream, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 tsp dijon mustard together. Heat this slowly in the pan until small bubble form. Keep stirring to make sure that the consistency is smooth.

Spoon over the roasted fennel and leek. Enjoy!

Comments