Korean Style: Yuk Hoe (Beef Tataki) @ Dae Jang Geum, Melbourne CBD

Let me introduce you to beef tataki or steak tartare or yuk hoe. So many names, different tastes from different countries. I've had steak tartare before but nothing prepared me for this - sweet and crunchy cold raw beef. If you're here at Dae Jang Geum, you can just come and have this and leave a happy person. It was truly a strange and mouth watering experience. If you're not too squirmish with eating raw meat, you should try this. It does sound a bit adventurous but let me tell you why this is worth a try - it's cold, so you won't feel like you're eating raw meat and the meat was ground really finely that it would melt in your mouth. Next, it's a textural experience - crunchy and gooey but you won't gag, I promise! Lastly, it's sweet, yes, it is sweet meat. It's good.

Melbourne Dae Jang Geum Korean BBQ on Urbanspoon

Comments