Kansas Style Ribs and Wings @ Big Boy BBQ, Hardware Lane, Melbourne CBD

Tramming home one day, I saw that Big Boy BBQ is opening along Bridge Road. Huh. Friends and I are really into ribs and I make pretty darn good ones too (didn't mean to brag but I just do!). Anyway, once in a while, we indulge and go out for ribs. Not often enough, because we have to watch our waistlines.

D and I met for lunch today and I requested that we can go for anything that's not Asian. I've been ordering out since Sunday (think fried rice and sauteed chicken). Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm just too lazy these days! Since we both work close enough to walk to Hardware Lane, I figured we should try Big Boy BBQ.

Big Boy BBQ on UrbanspoonReally, the wings were good. And the onion strings. That's all. The pork ribs were tough and not hot (I mean temperature-wise). It's more like pressed ribs meat (think jerky) and they're not tender. Disappointed. D complained that everything tasted too salty. All I can think about were those onion strings.

Looks-wise, the platter looked bountiful and amazing. One tourist approached us just to take a picture. Will be back for the wings and maybe try something else next time.

Comments