Chook's Fest: Gourmet Meat's Butterflied Chicken with Mustard and Thyme Marinade + An Almond Pulp Recipe

I guess I can say that this is more of a review than a recipe. I really didn't feel like cooking today but of course, everyone needs to eat. For today though, instead of stopping by Cannings, I went by Gourmet Meats on Bridge Road. I wanted to get a whole chicken and have it butterflied but the guy suggested that they already have a butterflied chicken on a marinade. I'm not to picky and I had to admit that I was a bit lazy, so I went for it. That was the best decision I made today.

I cranked the oven to 220C and placed the chicken on a baking tray lined with foil. Roasted this for 45 minutes and it turned out great. Also, I adored this marinade! It wasn't salty at all and for some reason, it tasted fresh. Not the kind you get at Woolies or Coles. This is way better!

Now, for the sides, I just made a simple creamy sauce with almond pulp (that was left over from the almond milk I made this morning). 2 tablespoons of almond pulp + 1 tsp mustard + 2 tsp minced garlic + salt + pepper + 1/4 cup cream. Heat all of this in a saucepan. I also added some dried thyme but this is optional. I drizzled this over some salad leaves and steamed green beans. And there you have it. A really nice and easy dinner.

Comments