A Very Decent Burger @ Babu Bar Burger With Balls, Chapel Street, Windsor

Growing up, I was never a fan of burgers. To some extent, I always thought that burgers are made from mystery meat or anything left over that you throw together. I've never known what a good burger was until I've been to Huxtaburger. Although, it is still arguable that Huxtaburger is the best, there are a lot of places popping up - like Babu for example.

There are just 2 things I look for in a burger - the bun and the pattie. And this place wins hands down on the pattie area. The bun can be improved but overall, it's pretty good.

P was very adamant that I come and try this place. When I looked at the menu, he told me that I should not order too many toppings with my burger and just to choose 1 thing and that 1 thing is cheese. Also, he said that I will not need any of the sauces that they provided along with it. And dammit, he was right.


Burger, right after the jump...

Babu Bar Burger With Balls on Urbanspoon











I had the 300g burger medium well with swiss cheese. It came with red onions (which I didn't care for), pickles (very good), 2 slices of tomato and some salad leaves (which I also removed). The burger pattie was very tender and just melted in my mouth. I didn't have a food-gasm moment like Huxtaburger or Hello Sam but I want to come here and try it again.









Another thing that's worth coming back to is the Onion Puff. This is their version of onion rings. This is one of the best versions I've had. Light, airy and crunchy batter around sweet gooey onions. Perfect. Will be back soon for another round.



 

Comments

rayban099 said…
OMG, can we go back, now?!!