Pork Belly Chinese Burger @ Madame Squint, Melbourne CBD

Being Asian and all, I love a good Chinese bun. The kind with the squishy and pillowy white bread and loaded with salty pork (or anything salty really). The first time I had a good experience from a Western restaurant is Golden Fields (think twice cooked crispy duck with bread rolls). That was a good experience.

Walking around the vicinity of the office with a friend the other day, we walked into Madame Squint. I think I've been here before but I couldn't remember what I had. I think it was something sweet? Like a custard bun. But it wasn't memorable. Now, this little joint has caught my attention again.
Madame Squint on Urbanspoon
Pork Belly Chinese Burger ($7-$8). Yes, it is quite small but it is tasty. I know not everyone will like this but if you're into something adventurous and well, different, this is worth a try. My friend was very impressed with the bun and she couldn't stop saying "it's so soft!" and oh-yea it is! The sweetness of the bun turns into a chewy mass in your mouth. Pair that with the salty soft pork belly then the sharp pickled vegetables and we have a winner.

Comments