Brownies at the Office and At Bar Lourinha (June 13th)

I think this is the longest birthday that I have celebrated and every bit of it was special. And it all started on a Friday...

Let me start by saying that this year has started off in a special way because I was finally placed in a project that I enjoyed doing. Don't get me wrong. It had its ups and downs but all that time, I was able to make a few new friends and acquaintances along the way. In our project, we always celebrated birthdays and someone had to bake a cake (or cupcakes or in this case, brownies!!!)

I always appreciate any baked goods from anyone, because I love to bake, I know the effort that goes into it. Someone at work made these raspberry brownies and it was so gooey and packed with intense chocolate flavour. Everyone rolled their eyes as they bit into a brownie. I think everyone had seconds. It was so sinful it was just great.


Finally the day ended, and it was time to hit the bar...Bar Lourinha that is. It's been so long since I've been here and I can hardly remember the food. But before I start with the food, can I just say that this place makes one of the best Manhattans in the city (probably next to that bar at the Sofitel and 1806). Seriously, try it either straight up or with ice.

Bar Lourinhã on Urbanspoon



So here's what we had:

Fish Special - Mullet with celery. The fish was sweet and tender. Our waiter said that it was voted as the most sustainable fish but that comment aside, it tasted awfully good. No fishy aftertaste and very clean.



Housemade chorizo with cabbage and lentils - Because this is freshly made, you can clearly see bits and pieces of cured meat. I would say this is semi-cured and not to pungent. The cooked lentils and cabbage cut into the richness of the dish.









Slow cooked pork with potatoes - Don't forget to add a squeeze of lemon into this otherwise, it will be too rich. The pork was insanely tender, I used a fork to pick a piece up and it fell apart. Pork lovers out there, this is a must try.

Mushrooms in garlic cream sauce - This was the dish of the night. Whole cooked mushrooms bathing in this creamy oniony garlicky sauce. 'Nuf said.











To end things, we shared a plate of churros with dulce de leche. To be honest, I had better but the dulce de leche sauce was yummy.


Comments