At Another's Table: Asian Inspired Chicken Strips with Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad

I know it is too soon to post another edition of this BUT, hear me out. This recipe is very simple and nice that it is worth posting. My cousin was struggling to come up with what to cook for Monday lunch. It is a holiday after all - you're not supposed to think...or do anything, really. But come Monday morning, I hear him in the kitchen, chopping and dicing away. He was going to make roasted vegetable couscous. This is one of my favorite dishes because it is hearty, delicious and simple. He used eggplants, capsicum and cherry tomatoes. He also added fresh cucumbers and spinach at the end to maintain their crunch. I like this technique. I always struggle to use cucumbers. I took care of the dressing - red wine vinegar and olive oil.

For the soy chicken, the marinade was soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, honey and chili flakes. Let this sit for an hour or so and this will tenderize the chicken. Technically, these are not chicken tenders but because the marinade was able to soak into the chicken breast strips, they were tender after cooking on the grill. DELISH!

Comments