Weekday Cooking: Salmon with Avocado + Breakfast for Dinner

Two meals in one post. These are ideas for quick mid-week meals. I guess I can say that this is almost like fast food. I'm always tempted to order food outside because most days I'm tired from work or I would go to my self-defense class or pilates session. When I get lazy, I would try to talk myself out of it by thinking - what's in my fridge? In this way, I have to have something that I've prepared during the weekend that I look forward to eating. Easier said than done - believe me. I get bored quickly.


Once in a while, I like making bits and pieces of simple meals - spaghetti, meatballs, tasty minced meats, quiches, roast chicken - bits and pieces that I can easily put together and make a good meal. I also try to prepare sauces - white sauce, pesto or dips - that I can easily turn into salad dressings because I like to eat fresh lately. Here's an example of a meal with its components: baked salmon + spaghetti with tomato and basil sauce + fresh avocados. Yum!








Here's another example of bits and pieces that I picked up: free range bacon + 1/4 leftover chorizo + scrambled eggs (I like them creamy and runny) + wilted lettuce. Not complicated, quick, easy and satisfying.

Happy Friday!!!!

Comments