Take Me To Work: Prawn, Egg and Celery Salad

Sorry for the mess. I think this is the messiest meal I've made for myself and I enjoyed it!

This is an unusual salad but refreshing. I was figuring out a way to use up my celery. I wanted to make smoothies out of them but I missed eating fresh celery. I know not a lot of people like its taste but I always thought that the crunch and juiciness just remind me of summer. It's not really the taste of summer but there's something happy and crisp about its taste but that's just me.

I'm also looking to use up some of my current sauces in my fridge. So I gathered up what I think I could use here and came up with this simple, tasty salad. Overall, this sort of reminds me of a prawn cocktail and it actually had some of its components.

So here it goes.



Ingredients:

2-3 cups cooked prawns, tails off (I used raw frozen prawns and cooked them)
3 hard boiled eggs
half a bunch of celery stalks - I used a whole celery here - thinly sliced
roasted red bell peppers - optional

For the sauce:

3 tablespoons mayonnaise - I used a lime flavoured one
2 tablespoons creme fraiche
2 teaspoons harissa paste - or more if you like it hot
salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything together and serve with crackers or bread or with salad leaves or...just on its own.

Comments