Take Me To Work: Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Pasta

This is one of the easiest recipes I've made. I didn't even have to cook the sauce as long as the cream cheese is softened and at room temperature.

I'm not sure if I really like artichokes yet. The ones out of the bottle or can are always too vinegary for my taste. I hope that I could find frozen ones soon but not sure where yet.

This recipe has a lot of variations again over the internet and most of them, aside from spinach and artichokes, used cream cheese along with parmesan, romano and cheddar. I decided to just stick with the simple cream cheese and some cream just to lighten it up. I wished I had some lemon zest just to add a citrusy punch to the pasta dish but aside from that, the sauce was pretty straightforward and tasty.

So here we go.





Ingredients:
1/2 pack of cream cheese softened
2 tablespoons cream
200g fresh spinach leaves, wilted
1 can (about 5) artichoke hearts, chopped
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in their oil - optional but very good
250g pasta (any type), I used spaghettini - it's a bit thicker than angel hair

Method:
Cook the pasta and reserve some of the starchy water, about 1 cup. Place fresh spinach leaves in a colander and drain the pasta into this colander. This will wilt the spinach. In the still warm pot, put the cream cheese, cream, artichokes, salt and pepper. Mix until the cream cheese is mixed together with the artichokes. Put the cooked pasta and spinach into the pot. This will melt the cream cheese. If you found the sauce too thick and not sticking onto the pasta, just add the starchy water, bit by bit, until you achieve your desired consistency.

Serve warm and enjoy!

Comments