Sweet Potato and Carrot Fritters @ Three Bags Full, Nicholson Street, Abbotsford

The first time I came to Three Bags Full, the place was packed. A friend and I didn't feel like going to the brewhouse for lunch, so I suggested to come by here. The food is likeable and I guess you can call it healthy but the variety was just better than elsewhere.

I was honestly craving for something deep fried today, blame it on the weather. But damn it, I wanted deep fried chicken ribs for lunch...and maybe dinner. I have to suck it in at lunchtime and choose something good for me. Don't wory, the food here at Three Bags Full is anything but boring.

So here we go. First off, coffee here is one of the best in this suburb - no one will argue against this. It tasted so nice on a rainy afternoon, I just wanted to wrap my hands around the cup, curl up somewhere warm and underneath a blanket. But then, it's a Friday, so it's not that bad. I still have 3-4 hours left before the weekend starts.

As for the food...

Three Bags Full on Urbanspoon

























I had the Sweet potato and carrot fritters with a fried egg, goats curd, grilled haloumi, witlof, pomegranate, apple and herb salad ($17). This was something different from your usual pea or chickpea or corn fritters for brunch, so I found it refreshing. I'm not very sure about the goats curd underneath all the fritters. Maybe labna would be better? Salad-wise, it was a bit bland. I'm not sure if this was dressed at all. The state of the salad can definitely be improved. Seems to me like these elements did not match the dish but individually, they were not bad. The fritters, I enjoyed.


Comments