Mixed Rice Vermicelli @ Thanh Ha 2, Victoria Street, Richmond

This is my second time to Thanh Ha 2 and I liked the food. The service was quick and polite. The servers were also knowledgeable when we asked a few things about the menu and food. The place was clean and did not smell like a meat market. Not a lot to complain here.

My usual Vietnamese fare is rice vermicelli  ($11-13) doused with the sharp and sweet nuoc cham. And yes, I do know what goes into this sauce but I don't eat this everyday. My favorite topping is definitely with the spring rolls and fried chicken but Thanh Ha doesn't have it. Another good thing about this dish here is that it is not salty. After the meal, I wasn't extremely thirsty or heady. It's the special Thanh Ha Vermicelli - with pork, prawns, spring rolls and sliced carrots, cucumber and sprouts. I like it.

Along with this, my cousin also ordered quite a few things - it was a celebration after all :)


Thanh Ha 2 on Urbanspoon

We also had fried pork ribs, picture behind the vermicelli above ($12-13). Very tough meat. Tasty but I did not like this at all. Enough said.

Fried Squid with Tamarind Sauce ($16-17). This for me was the dish of the night. My cousin said the sauce was quite sweet (no photo, sorry).

Mini Vietnamese pancakes ($8-9). No one liked this either. Presentation-wise, the dish looked really nice with the smallish, yellow cups with prawns and sprinkled with spring onions but it was tasteless. Not good (no photo, sorry).

Bean curd claypot ($12-13). I liked this dish too. Lots of veggies and it wasn't swimming in thick, starch induced sauce.

Comments