Weekday Cooking: Oven Baked Salmon with Soy Mustard Garlic Sauce

First day back at work after a 10 day break is really not good for me. Today felt like 5 working days combined. It wasn't insanely busy, but work keeps coming. Still the good thing about work is sometimes the people you work with. They make it pleasant. Now that's said, let's talk dinner.


Prep and cooking time from start to finish is about 20 minutes.

This will be a very short post. I got this technique of cooking salmon in the oven from America's Test Kitchen and I've made it twice since. Today's salmon was still very successful. I created my own sauce of 5 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 cup water and 1 tsp plain flour. Mix all this and nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside.

Preheat the oven at 160C. With a small pan, place it on medium heat and put 2 tsps of olive oil. Cook 2 pieces of salmon fillets (I had mine with skin on) non-skin side down for 2 minutes. Turn over skin side down and cook for another 2 minutes. Spoon the thickened sauce on top of the salmon and let some pour down the side. The sauce will boil and thicken some more for 1 minute. Place the pan in the oven for 6-8 minutes.

I served mine on a plate with some organic noodles, blanched green beans and cherry tomatoes. It was a perfect meal for a hectic day.

Comments