Weekday Cooking: Broccoli Soup with Cucumber and Spinach

This is equivalent to a green smoothie. I'm not a fan of soups but I guess drinking a smoothie is kind of like drinking soups. I prefer the sweet combination of fruits and veggies rather than just veggies. But after going on a few juice cleanses and detox programs later, I thought that making my own blends of smoothies and soups from organic produce is still the best. I know what goes in and how much.

Melbourne weather has started to turn cold and I have to switch from smoothies to soups. So what's left in my fridge? Broccoli. I've read and watched a lot about broccoli cheese soup but I didn't want to put cheese. So here's what I did: I cut up a head of broccoli and steamed this. Then I have half a cucumber left so I cut that up as well. I also added 2 cups of spinach, 2 cups of hot chicken stock, 1/2 clove of garlic, salt, pepper and 1 1/2 tablespoons of heavy cream. I blended this all up in the Vitamix. I also soft boiled an egg and topped the soup with some tasty minced pork made along with my Heritage Noodles recipe. It smelled divine and tasted good too. It's not very creamy but it's very smooth. I have to think of more soup recipes like these.

Comments