Tiger Prawn Roll @ Rockwell and Sons, Smith Street, Collingwood

When a friend wanted buttermilk biscuits with gravy for brunch, there was definitely no other place to get it except Rockwell and Sons. There is so much to like about the food there. Although what I'm not too crazy about is the portion. I remembered liking the food last time. Maybe this place should be reserved for dinners.

For brunch, just having one tiger prawn roll was not enough for me. I wanted more. Taste-wise, I felt that the mayo dressing on the prawns was too salty but I do like the sharp taste of the pickled celery. It's a nice touch. The sandwich can be improved in a lot of ways but I can understand why they kept it minimal. Just a buttery brioche roll with a prawn salad and pickled celery would have made it the best thing on the menu. It was tasty but I wished that there's more to this. I also had their Strawberry (this is home made strawberry syrup) and Star Anise Soda. I didn't taste too much of the star anise though but this was not too sweet and still refreshing.

Rockwell and Sons on Urbanspoon
My friends did have the buttermilk biscuits with gravy. While one said it was great, the other said it was just OK. I wasn't up for biscuits with poached eggs. It doesn't look right on the plate.

Plus, there is something else that's interesting...






I took this shot while in the toilet. Sorry for the folks out there who find this a bit disturbing but I thought this is too cool to pass. There is a TV in the toilet. It's not working of course but it thought it was kinda cute.

Comments