Quick Viet Break @ Co Do, Victoria Street, Richmond

Work's been driving me crazy these days and to think that this is just a 4 day work week. I thought I'm just supposed to breeze through without any problems. Turns out, today has been the worst of all the working days! Let's try this again.

I'm behind with a few posts now so let me start with an oldie - Co Do. Been here once with my cousin and his wife for dinner. It was decent enough to come back to and the place is always busy with regulars. Sis is in town for a few weeks and her first request was - yep! Spring Rolls ($8-8.50). I remembered when she first came to Melbourne and I wanted her to try these. Not that we don't have spring rolls in Manila (we call them shanghai rolls) but the Vietnamese version is fresher and crunchier with the combination of hot and cold. We weren't too impressed with the nuoc cham and was too watery and bland.
Co Do on Urbanspoon
Other dishes that we had include...

 




Sweet and Sour Stir Fry Vegetables and Tofu ($10-11). I'm not really sure about this one. Probably just stay away from it.

Fish Fillet with Lemongrass and Chili ($11-13). This one was mighty tasty and the flavours were punchy. Quite salty though so have some steamed rice on hand.

Comments