Prawn Cocktail Sandwich and Zucchini Salad @ Le Flaneur, Church Street, Hawthorn

Le Flaneur is always a good idea. The coffee here is excellent as usual. I can't actually decide whether I like their coffee better or the one over at Tana Cafe. I'm just happy that they both serve great coffees here in the area.

For brunch this afternoon, sis and I went to Le Flaneur. Sis ordered the salted zucchini salad with dukkah, labna, parsley and two poached eggs (I think this is around $16-17). This is a really nice crisp dish. The combination of zucchini and labna was so simple yet it just works! The dish was so fresh it made me miss summer.

Le flaneur on Urbanspoon

















I had the special - Prawn Cocktail Sandwich with avocado, tomatoes and a nice spicy marie rose sauce ($17). I really like this prawn sandwich. It was fresh and zesty. The marie rose sauce might be on the spicier side but I can handle some heat. We used to call this Thousand Island dressing back home and we used to put it in everything! This concoction is very much the heart of 70s dining. When asked on a survey from women about what their ideal meal would consist of, prawn cocktail was on their must-have list. And now, the prawn cocktail is having a comeback. I guess it's time to bring back some of the good food from those times but with a modern twist. This might be best comeback from the 70s.

Comments