Organic: Brown Rice Salad with Cherry Tomatoes and Zucchini

My fridge is nearly empty and I only have a few veggies left to make a couple of meals for Monday and Tuesday. With a lone zucchini and some cherry tomatoes, I made something simple and tasty. The brown rice here is a leftover side for my roast chicken last week.

I'm not a fan of salads with rice but this zesty combination opened a small creak through that door. I've also read a lot of salad recipes with rice from 101Cookbooks. Maybe I'll try one out next time for a fancier version.

So this salad, along with my baked chicken with sundried tomatoes and artichokes, have found their way into my lunch tomorrow at the office. It's a not a bad meal - not bad at all.

The dressing is simple: I bought some marinated feta in olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, lemon, rosemary and olives. I added a few drops of caramelized balsamic vinegar for that extra kick. And I got myself a cool, healthy salad.

Comments