Office Lunch @ Ikea, Victoria Gardens, Richmond

Can I just tell you how much I don't like food courts? On my last trip to Macau, I traveled with my family (and extended family). We were nine people in all. We stayed in a really nice hotel but the food court sucked - BIG TIME. We had to look for a long table that could fit 9 people. After finding a table that can fit everybody, I was not in the mood to order and eat anymore. So you can imagine my horror when one of my workmates suggested that we go to Ikea for lunch. We're about a block away from Ikea. Don't get me wrong - I adore Ikea. I got all - and I do mean ALL - of my furniture there. You can say that my apartment is an Ikea showroom of some sort. But the food here is an entirely different discussion.
IKEA Richmond Restaurant & Café on Urbanspoon
I've been to the food court only once with my mom and sister for breakfast. I can hardly remember what I had. It was just easy, simple food - and forgettable. But this meal *sigh* was not good at all. Where to start? The pork (for 10.99 and 12.99 with a cookies and cream cheesecake) was dry and tough, the gravy had this slimy consistency that I can't describe properly, the veggies were soggy and sad. BUT all of that being said, the best thing about the dish was the potato rosti. It was nicely done although I do prefer the crispy type. Maybe I should have ordered the meatballs but do I want to risk it? NO.

Comments