Monday Morning Coffee @ First Pour, Bond St, Abbotsford

Monday mornings are usually the toughest of all the days of the week. It is so difficult to get into the swing of things after a relaxing weekend. The weather today was pleasant although cloudy. And after coming from pilates class, I thought I needed another cup of coffee.

I'm a serious coffee fiend. I love coffee. I don't think I will survive without it. I always start my day with a cup. It doesn't have to be the perfect cup but it can not be bad coffee. I've had coffee where I had to throw it away because it was just that bad. Undrinkable.

First Pour on Urbanspoon
My friends and I have a scale. For some odd reason, we use Bible characters - Moses, Jesus and Emmanuel. Moses coffee is the best. We have a few places in the city and around Melbourne that we really like and always go back to because of the coffee. Then there's Jesus. This means it depends on the barista. There was once this Jesus-looking barista who makes Moses coffee. So, when Jesus makes the coffee, it's good coffee. Then finally, there's Emmanuel. He makes filtered coffee. BAD filtered coffee. This is the type of coffee that you throw away. Don't even think about saving it. It's poor coffee soul can't be reincarnated.


I don't consider myself a coffee snob. I don't think that I can taste the berry or orange or cinnamon or chocolate or caramel flavour in coffee beans. But I know a bad one when I drink it and this coffee from First Pour is not your average coffee. I find it a bit on the light side, like it doesn't have a punchy coffee flavour like Mister Close. If you're looking for good coffee in a very Asian area, First Pour is your best bet.

Comments