Laikon Deli and a Lunch of Fresh Pasta


Food shopping at Laikon Deli is like walking into a candy store. Even though it's quite small but it's packed with goodies. I've bought so many lovely things here - from olive oil, canned goods, pasta to cheese, ham and marinated olives.

There is nothing here that does not taste good. I didn't have shopping list, which was very very dangerous, but I managed to control myself and not buy everything in the shop.

I found a really nice looking fresh ravioli with broccolini, ricotta and lemon zest.

Laikon Deli on Urbanspoon




These, together with some leftovers, make a really good meal. I cooked half of the pasta and reheated some leftover meatballs for lunch. The pasta was freshly made and the ricotta filling was light and not too salty. That burst of lemon zest ties all the flavours together. I can make this mixture next time and top it on lasagna instead of the usual bechamel sauce with spinach. I thoroughly enjoyed this simple meal. I think it took 5 minutes to make. Even if I don't have any leftover meatballs, I can just open up a bottle of pasta sauce and heat this on top of the ravioli.

Comments