Crazy Fast Food @ Don Don, Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne CBD


Don Don redefines the term "fast food". I just finished paying for my order when the girl standing behind the counter called out my food. This isn't mine, right? Oh, but it is! And I'm not complaining. What I like about this place, aside from the super fast service, is the food. Surprisingly cheap (Sukiyaki Don is $6.30), it is also tasty - a proper Japanese meal with a good, not too hefty portion. Don't expect good presentation or any fine dining experience here but you will get your money - and tummy's - worth of food. The sukiyaki don was not too salty or sweet and the taste combination of sake, soy and mirin are just right. I'm pretty sure they had a vat of this stuff inside the kitchen, where they just scoop a meaty portion onto some rice and top it with this insanely pinkish pickled ginger. The ginger and beef don't actually go together but they put it in every dish.

Don Don on Urbanspoon

Comments