Chocolate Souffle @ Max Brenner, Melbourne Central

We're all set to see The Lego Movie (and believe me, I enjoyed it!). We had a quick dinner at Guzman y Gomez, which I think has pretty decent Mexican food, given that 80% of the restaurants in that area is Asian. The burrito bowl is always my favorite but this is not the topic here. I have been to Max Brenner so many times but guess what? I never had cakes there. EVER. I always had hot chocolate and fondue but that's about it. I used to think that Max Brenner had the best hot chocolate but sorry, Ganache still takes the cake. However, the chocolate souffle ($10) is another story. Fine - it's not really a chocolate souffle. It's more of a chocolate lava cake. After dinner, I was still starving and wanted something sweet to abate my hunger. And oh boy! This baby hit the spot! So chocolate fiends and those who are not fans of Max Brenner, this "souffle" is worth a try. Sure, it won't win the best dessert of the year but on a cold and wet autumn evening, this is a winner.

Max Brenner Chocolate Bar on Urbanspoon

Comments