Decent Tempura Prawns @ Ocha2Go, Burwood Rd, Hawthorn

This place is a local favorite. It's almost always busy the last few times that I've been here. What's really nice about this place is that the service and food were fast and efficient. The food wasn't anything special but it was just basic and well-made. It's not your average Japanese joint either, it is definitely better and has more variety.

Everything was served one at a time that we consumed happily and quickly. I was just starving tonight. I kept telling Sis that I wanted to order more but she told me hold off until we ate everything on the plates. It turned out that she was right.

We had our favorite - tempura prawns ($13.50). The batter was light but I've had better elsewhere.

We also had...
Ocha2go on Urbanspoon






Chicken Sesame Salad ($8.50) - This was actually the first time I told my Sis since we've been out eating that I can make this at home. I do have the Japanese dressing at home (store bought of course), add some poached shredded chicken breasts, salad leaves and shredded carrots.










We had 2 types of rolls tonight - Soft Shell Crab Roll ($12) and Midori Roll ($11). The soft shell crab was really salty, I'm not sure why that was. It wasn't as enjoyable as the one we had last night (obviously, the price was different too!). The Midori Roll was better (it has smoked salmon) but I found the green roe too weird.

Comments