An Old Favorite @ Richmond Hill Cafe and Larder, Bridge Road, Richmond

This is one of my favorite places for brunch in Richmond. What's not to like? The service is fast and prompt and they change the menu accordingly to season. The pancakes here are considered as one of the best in the area (if not in Melbourne). I think I haven't ordered a dish here that I haven't liked. I brought my family here two years ago and everyone loved what they had. The highlight then was the cheese on toast and I can understand why.

This morning though, Sis and I just ordered our classic favorites. Nothing too posh or unusual. She had the Bircher muesli with fresh berries, organic yoghurt, LSA mix, poached rhubarb & lemon balm ($12.50) because she was on a muesli fix. She just mentioned that it was too sweet for her taste but other than that, everything was fine.

While I had...

Richmond Hill Café and Larder on Urbanspoon



The Savoury Croque Madam of Smoked Grandma ham, parmesan béchamel, sourdough bread, Gruyere cheese & fried organic egg ($16.50) - I love this sandwich and I always order this whenever I go to Chez Dre. Not having been there for a while, I thought croque madam from RHCL was the best substitute. The bread was crunchy and garlicky while still being doughy and soft inside. The bechamel sauce was oozing and cheesy. Life is good.

Comments