Take Me to Work: Chicken Salad with Steamed Veggies

You're looking at my lunch for tomorrow. It is simple, healthy and full of steamed organic veggies. I have to admit that I've been indulging these days so this will be a nice break for me. I have to try behaving these next few days and see if I can come up with healthier meals over the weekend.

What you can't see underneath are spinach and steamed green beans then I topped these with heirloom tomatoes, steamed carrots, broccoli and leftover roast chicken breast. I drizzled some of my favourite store bought Japanese sesame dressing which I can't live without. I have to have a bottle of this in my fridge or pantry, otherwise, my kitchen is not complete.






The choice of veggies can be anything that's fresh really. So far, I've steamed anything that I can find in my crisper. I still got bokchoy, some mushrooms and cherry tomatoes - all organic. Of course, you can have a raw salad if you prefer. Sometimes raw veggies can make my tummy rumble so I just played it safe and steamed them for less than 4 minutes.

Comments