After Shopping Stop @ BangPop, South Wharf Promenade, South Wharf

I have a confession to make - I love online shopping. So much that I hardly go to stores anymore. Because Sis is in town, I'm happy to make an exception. We shopped for almost 6 hours around DFO and ended up with handfuls of shopping bags! I can't believe that I can still get anything from DFO - but I did. After shopping for gifts, a few pairs of walking shoes (I love Sketchers now, btw! They're so comfy and I can't imagine how I was able to walk without them) and trying on a gazillion things later, we finally reached the home section on the upper floor and we went to Provincial Home Living. After getting some adorable bowls and plates (check out my Instagram photo), it was finally that time - dinner!

Walking out of South Wharf, it was a bit quiet and very windy night. We settled for BangPop. I asked Sis if she wanted to try the new Japanese place next to it, but she figured that we should take a break from all that. So BangPop it is. I always wanted to try this place out as well. Having read quite a few good reviews about it serving street food. I also like the interiors - very spacious and colorful. I loved what they've done with the place but it felt like a canteen than a normal restaurant. There's no privacy here because all the tables are communal.

To start:
SON IN LAW TOFU (Veg) -SILKEN EGG TOFU - Deep fried egg tofu w/ Tamarind sauce ($13.90)
I like deep fried silken tofu but I didn't like the tamarind sauce very much. If you like the sour taste, then this is the one for you. I prefer to add a bit more sweetness to balance out the sharp taste.

With this, we also had...

BangPop on Urbanspoon






GAENG KHIAO WAN KAI-GREEN CHICKEN CURRY

Green free range chicken curry w/ bamboo, snake beans & Thai basil ($25.90)
This one was just average and Sis thought that the coconut flavor was not strong enough. I thought the chicken breasts were overcooked that they were a bit rubbery but the green curry was quite nice and it passed my taste. It wasn't swimming in oil, either so that's a good thing.







DRUNKEN PRAWNS ($27.90)
This was the dish of the night. It was a bit spicy though but aside from that, we both loved the sauce - it was the perfect balance of sweet, salty and sour. This was more Chinese than Thai though. They were quite generous with the prawns too.










RASPBERRY BOMB ($8)
Raspberry, lime and ginger beer
Non-alcoholics and berry lovers - try this! 'Nuf said.

Comments