A Smooth Gelato @ N2 Extreme Gelato, Brunswick Street, Fitzroy

 Melburnians love gelato. Everyone that I know has a sweet tooth so it's no surprise that N2 Extreme Gelato is so popular especially with its quirky flavours. I was quite skeptical about this place, especially because they are making ice cream out of the crazy smoke. But it's surprisingly good! First off, choose one flavour or more. I would suggest to just try one out first. I bet any flavour here will be nice and special. No boring vanilla or plain chocolate here. I just wished the service can be better. They only had 2 people manning the stations - both cashier and making the gelato. They definitely need more people to crank out this stuff.

N2 Extreme Gelato on Urbanspoon


I had the Black Lava (this is actually black lava sea salt) Salted Caramel. The flavour itself was unique and they captured the salted caramel flavour so well. They also had a few deconstructed flavours. They had a chocolate one where you actually use a syringe to squirt chocolate sauce onto it and it freezes on contact with the ice cream. Quite inventive but the syringe put me off a bit so I chose the salted caramel. One scoop is $6 but it's worth it for a one time taste test. The gelato was really smooth and light, like drinking a smooth and slightly thick milkshake.

Comments