Food Shot: Coffee Monster

Welcome to my cubicle. Our office is a bit retro. It is an old office but I really like it. I know that more than half the people in the office have to travel 2 hours just to get to the location. You'll notice in the picture that there's an old phone. Yes, the phone actually works! A bit wonky, but it works. That's what counts, right? This week has been sluggish as well. I tried to keep myself busy but twice everyday, I fail - terribly. A few weeks back, I only used to drink a cup of coffee day. Now, I'm back to 2...Okay!...3.

This is a shot of my espresso coffee that I got from First Pour again. I got an espresso ($3) because I don't want my tummy to be weighed down by skinny milk. I think I had enough milk today already. The scent of coffee was so enticing. The moment it hits my tongue, I had to stop myself from smiling too much. I know most people think this is too bitter but the sweet, caramel taste that lingers on your tongue afterwards is worth enduring the sharp, bitter taste in that first hit. I actually like the bitter taste of coffee. The texture is also syrupy - almost like an aged balsamic vinegar. This really helped me through the afternoon. Surprisingly, I was upbeat. See how a simple drink can put so much energy into my body and brain. So worth it.

Comments