Sinful: Saturday Brunch - No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls

What's good about Saturday mornings is the fact that I know I don't have to go to work. I get to lie in bed until the afternoon and start on my chores late in the day. But what makes Saturday mornings even more better? Is the fact that I have cinnamon rolls waiting in the fridge for me to bake in the morning.

Just to warn you - be prepared for the amount of sugar and butter (and yes, calories!) that you'll be investing into this recipe.





Who can resist cinnamon rolls? They are sweet and make my kitchen smell like Cinnabon. I remember loving cinnamon rolls when I was in Charlotte so much that I had to stop myself from eating one everyday for fear of gaining too much weight during my stay there. As a result, I actually lost weight when a month's stay in the US.

Fans of the fluffy type of cinnamon rolls may not like this version. This is a bit dense but oh-so-soft. Paired with the cream cheese frosting, this yummy treat is just heavenly with a cup of coffee or tea.

I followed the recipe from Wicked Good Kitchen to the letter...well...except that I opted for the classic cinnamon rolls flavour and used 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. I also didn't use the glaze. I searched around for a good cream cheese frosting recipe from AllRecipes.com


Comments