Kimchi Katsu Don @ Tokyo Maki, Melbourne CBD

Don't be alarmed! This is not a science experiment. This dish took two of my favorite things - katsudon in a sweet soy egg-y sauce + kimchi! Mmm....


I definitely liked the hot sour kimchi against the sweet sauce. The katsudon was also cooked right and tender. Every element in this dish was well-made. I think it deserves a thumbs-up for courageously mixing Korean and Japanese elements together successfully.





I've been to Tokyo Maki so many times when I used to live in the city. Long, tiresome and frustrated nights from work or just not feeling like cooking on some days, my feet always bring me to this place. Can't really fault it. I haven't tried anything here that's not good - which is obviously a good thing!


Tokyo Maki on Urbanspoon

Comments