An Inspired Variation: Chunky Peanut Butter Biscoff Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies...*whew!

Yes, the name of the cookie is a mouthful...but so is eating it! I enjoyed making these cookies, although the last time I made these was, well, precisely 5 years ago. These were the most requested cookies from my family back home and it was quite obvious why. It combined everyone's favorite cookies into one fine looking cookie dough - all thanks to Dorie Greenspan and her book Baking From My Home to Yours. I used the recipe from the book but there are lots of references to the recipe out there - just google it.


Of course, I had to add my slight modification to the recipe - Speculoos Crunchy Cookie Spread. Instead of 1 cup of peanut butter, I used 1/4 cup of chunky peanut butter, 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter and 1/2 cup of the cookie spread. And it was the best change to this recipe.







Also, I made them into humongous cookies! I used an ice cream scooper that's a 1/2 cup capacity. I thought that I should just split the cookie into two and eat half. But I was so wrong. I was able to finish 1 cookie. It was chewy on the inside and crunchy on the edges. I baked them for 12 minutes and let them rest on the tray for 5 minutes. These are just perfect.

Comments